The Cataloging Coordinating Council (CCC) is charged with developing cataloging and catalog maintenance policies for Yale University Libraries including:
- standards and policies for records created in ORBIS to reflect various levels of cataloging and in-process status;
- standards and policies for records created in OCLC for downloading to ORBIS;
- policies for withdrawing/deleting/suppressing records in ORBIS and reporting to national utilities;
- standards and policies for maintaining online holdings;
- policies for maintaining local bibliographic and holdings information in ORBIS;
- advising the Chief Catalog Librarian on cataloging and database quality issues.
The council generally meets on the 1st Thursday of every month from 1:30-3:30 in SML 409.