Your Personal Librarian
What is the Personal Librarian Program?
The Personal Librarian (PL) Program is designed to introduce students entering Yale Divinity School to the collections and services of the Yale University Divinity School Library.
As a new student at the Divinity School, you will be matched with your own Personal Librarian (PL). Your PL serves as a single point of contact for the Library -- a resource person for all of your research needs. He or she will contact you occasionally throughout the year to let you know about new databases and tools, upcoming tours of collections, or research strategies. You are also encouraged to contact your PL with any questions you have about your research or the Library (of course, please feel free to contact any library staff member -- you are not limited to consulting with just your PL!) How often you choose to avail yourself of your PL is entirely up to you.
How can my Personal Librarian help me?
Your PL will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students.
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct.
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies.
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research).
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can?t think of what to do next.
Things we don't do (but we will help you find out who can)
Your PL will not:
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN).
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you.
Personal Librarians @ Divinity
- Suzanne Estelle-Holmer, Reference & Instructional Services Librarian
- Carolyn Hardin Engelhardt, Ministry Resource Center Director
- Graziano Krätli, Digital Projects and Technology Librarian
- Christine Pesch, Serials & Preservation Librarian
- Martha Smalley, Special Collections Librarian / Curator of the Day Missions Collection
- Paul Stuehrenberg, Divinity Librarian