Library online interfaces make extensive use of the Springshare suite of products: Libguides (our subject guides), LibAnswers (Ask Yale) and LibCal. Recently Library IT completely redid the style of all Libguides, and improved the entry page. Library staff are working on better integration of these products to include:
- Embedding subject and course guides into ClassesV2
- Adding descriptions to the list of Databases
- Using Summon ‘Discipline’ keywords to push subject guides more prominently in results lists.
The publisher, Springshare, will release a major Libguides update in 2014. Staff will work with Springshare to migrate our content and to provide staff training in new functionality.
- Guides will be embedded in ClassesV2 in Fall 2014.
- The next version of Springshare will be implemented and content migrated January to April 2015. Staff training will start in March 2015, with a target of August 1 for the new site to be live.