Привет! Hello from your Personal Librarian!
I am the Librarian for Slavic and East European Studies at Yale, and I am happy to help Yale students and faculty navigate the rich, extensive research collections housed at Yale University Library. In addition to being a librarian, I am also a Midwesterner, knitter, weaver, trivia buff, and dog lover -- feel free to talk to me about any of those things in addition to your research needs! While I am chiefly responsible for collections and reference pertaining to Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, I can help you locate materials on any subject. Feel free to write to me, call me, or come see me in my office.
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questionsd about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)