What is the Personal Librarian Program?
I love working with students as they learn all the tricks to being an great researcher and discover all the neat resources that the Yale Library has to offer I'm more than happy to set up times to meet with you at my office, Bass Library or for tea to talk about your research projects. I'm also available via IM if you have a quick question. I look forward to working with each of you during your studies here at Yale. And remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question!
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)