Hello! As your Personal Librarian, I can help you navigate and make the most of the vast resources and varied services offered by the Yale University Library. If you're looking for newspaper articles from the 1890s or scholarly journal articles published last month, data sets produced by intergovernmental organizations or databases of underground comics--or even if you're just looking for a prime study spot on campus--I'm here for you.
My office is in the Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI), which is located in the Kline Biology Tower. If you'd like to get together in person to discuss your research, I'm happy to meet with you in the CSSSI, Bass Library, Sterling Memorial Library, or another convenient location.
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but I can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)