What is the Personal Librarian Program?
How can I help you?
In addition to being your Personal Librarian, I am the head of the Digital Services Unit at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library. I specialize in the digitization of special collections materials, and have a graduate degree in history. Before working at the Beinecke, I worked at Manuscripts & Archives, so I can help you navigate the many different special collections repositories on campus, as well as services like Scan & Deliver and Borrow Direct. I can help you find what you're looking for, or help you figure out who can.
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you