Welcome to the Yale University Library
I'm the Assessment Librarian for Yale University Library; my job is to help librarians across the university assess the services, collections and initiatives that serve the Yale community.
As your Personal Librarian, I'm here to help you navigate the Yale University Library. This is a truly awesome place, with vast collections. It can be a challenging place to navigate when you first arrive - and that's where I can help!
Please contact me anytime with your questions. I am ready to help you find the best information, locate resources, and refer you to the best specialists when you're ready to take your research to the next level.
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)