I'm an archivist at the Beinecke Library where I process (catalog) manuscript collections, with a specialization in the performing arts. I also assist students, faculty, and researchers from around the world find library materials related to their research. I'm very eager to hear from you and look forward to meeting over coffee, for a tour of Sterling or Bass Library, or just a quick chat. Please feel free to call or email me. While I don't have set office hours, I will be happy to meet with you at a mutually convenient time and place.
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)