I'm really happy to be your Personal Librarian and love working with the frosh and sophomores. We have an amazing library with millions of resources - I've learned a number of ways to find things quickly and would be glad to share my bag of tricks with you. You've arrived at Yale during a time of tremendous changes in libraries, while we are adding millions of online resources available from anywhere 24/7 to the millions of books, manuscripts, recordings, maps, and more in the library. I would be pleased to be your go-to-gal for any questions you have about the library or research in general. No question too small or insignificant.
You'll find me most weekdays in the Music Library, which is on the first floor of Sterling Memorial Library. My office in on the first floor, too, just past Circulation. I'll definitely respond to your e-mails, but feel free to drop in as well, or to make an appointment. I'll also be happy to meet you elsewhere, particularly for coffee at Blue State, whether it's about library research or just to chat about art, literature or music.
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)