Web Services Librarian
Medical Library, Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney
Dentistry, Neurology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Center for Medical Informatics
- Manages CWML websites and online presence, including Guides
- Represents CWML on Yale University Libraries User Experience Advisory Committee and LibGuides Working Group
- Non-scientist member, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Personal librarian for YSM students
- MSI (Master of Science, Information), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010
- BA, Political theory and constitutional democracy, Michigan State University, 2006
Meddings J, Saint S, Krein SL, Gaies E, Reichert H, Hickner A, McNamara S, Mann JD, Mody L. Systematic review of interventions to reduce urinary tract infection in nursing home residents. J Hosp Med 2017;12(5):356-368.
Hickner A. Considering Drupal as a content management system. MLA News 2014.
Rohde JM, Dimcheff DE, Blumberg N, Saint S, Langa KM, Kuhn L, Hickner A, Rogers MA. Health care-associated infection after red blood cell transfusion: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA 2014;311(13):1317-26.
Hollingsworth JM, Rogers MA, Krein SL, Hickner A, Kuhn L, Cheng A, Chang R, Saint S. Determining the noninfectious complications of indwelling urethral catheters: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med 2013;159(6):401-10.
Chopra V, Anand S, Hickner A, Buist M, Rogers MA, Saint S, Flanders SA. Risk of venous thromboembolism associated with peripherally inserted central catheters: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet 2013;382(9889):311-25.
Townsend W, MacEachern MP, Mani N, Hickner A, Zeylikovich I. A Study of Librarian Involvement in Locally-Created Systematic Reviews. Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, Boston, MA, 2013.
Rosenzweig M, Schnitzer A, Meadowbrooke C, Bedford A, Hickner A. Not Just Another Survey. MLA Midwest Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, 2009.
Medical Library Association, 2010-present
Chair, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library Marketing Committee
Yale Libraries Web Strategy Group