East Asia Collection (General)
The East Asia Collection is responsible for collecting materials on the general topics or inter-regional studies in East Asia (primarily history and all humanities disciplines) published in North America, Europe, and other imprint areas outside of East Asia. Monograph ordering is based primarily on patron requests.
Departments/disciplines/programs/subject areas supported
East Asian Studies, film studies, history, literature, language and linguistics, philosophy.
- Monographs, monograph series (print and electronic)
- Serials (primarily electronic)
- Other formats upon request
English, German, French, and other western languages upon request
Chronological and geographical focus
All time periods, East Asia
Collaborations within Yale
- Collaborate with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean collections to develop collections on inter-regional studies about East Asia.
- Collaborate with the Arts Library, Center for Science & Social Science Information, and world religion selectors to develop collections on subjects related to East Asia in western languages.