Ebooks Advisory Group
- Develop a checklist for evaluating ebook offers that builds in communications with key stakeholders (e.g., subject specialists, acquisitions, preservation, cataloging, e-collections) and is based on the Ebook Strategic Plan Task Force Report.
- Review and analyze ebook offers of possible interest to the Yale University community.
- Make recommendations for ebook offers, and associated print acquisitions, for consideration by the Director of Collection Development and the Collection Steering Committee (CSC).
- Examine various ebook acquisition models (perpetual access purchase, subscription, patron/demand-driven, short-term loans, evidence-based) and present analysis to the Director of Collection Development and CSC to help inform both ebook collection decision-making and guidelines/recommendations to selecting librarians
- Recommend guidelines and policy where appropriate resulting from the group’s work.
- Develop a data assessment model for ebook packages that can be applied to both new offers and renewals.
- Communicate ebook information to the group that is developing and maintaining an ebooks LibGuide.