Reports To: AUL for Administration
The Work/Life Committee is charged with enriching the lives of staff to foster healthy and productive working environments. At part of its charge, the committee:
- recommends policies, programs and services to improve the working lives of staff.
- coordinates programming for YUL staff in conjunction with other relevant campus units and groups.
- maintains awareness of work/life services at Yale, including monitoring and identifying changes and new initiatives relevant to staff.
- ensures that library staff are made aware of new or changing Yale initiatives, program opportunities, and services that may affect them.
- gathers information from YUL staff about needs, opportunities, and satisfaction.
- supports YUL administration’s advocacy within the broader Yale discussions of work/life issues, as it works to create long-term relationships and opportunities for communication with other relevant groups across the university.
Frequency of Meetings: Monthly
Term of Service: Two Years
Member Selection Method: Six to ten members will serve staggered two-year terms, appointed by the Associate University Librarian for Administrative Services. The chair will be appointed by the AUL for Administrative Services from among members who have served a year. Depending on availability, initial members joining from the Work & Family Life Committee will be appointed to one year terms.