Search Your PL
Your Personal Librarian
What is the Personal Librarian Program?
The Personal Librarian (PL) Program is designed to introduce students entering Yale Divinity School (YDS) to the resources and services of the Divinity Library and the Yale University Library system.
As a new student, you will be matched with your own Personal Librarian (PL). Your PL serves as a single point of contact for the Library – a resource person for all of your research needs. He or she will contact you occasionally throughout the year, to let you know about upcoming library workshops, new resources, services, or research tips. You are also encouraged to contact your PL with any questions you have about your research or the Library. (Of course, you may contact any Library staff member – you are not limited to consulting with just your PL!)
In particular, your Personal Librarian will:
- Keep you informed with periodic email messages highlighting new resources, services, and programs of specific interest to Divinity students.
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures, resources, and services such as Borrow Direct or Scan-and-Deliver.
- Help you find relevant resources for your assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies.
- Help you with the organization, storage, and management of your research data, including bibliographic information.
- Assist you with specific software applications such as Canvas, BluePrint, and VPN for off-campus access.