HathiTrust Access for Yale Users with Print Disabilities
Eligible students, faculty and staff at Yale can receive access to in-copyright materials in HathiTrust. The materials must either be held currently, or have been held previously, at Yale University Library.
Access to material is available to users with a print disability for which access to digital copies of library books is a reasonable and appropriate accommodation. A print disability may be a visual impairment, learning disability, physical disability or other disability that impedes a person's ability to access standard print.
Access is governed by one of two Yale University Offices:
- Undergraduates and Graduate Students: Student Accessibility Services
- Faculty, Staff and Post Doctoral Fellows: The Office of Institutional Equity and Accessibility
Procedure for Access to Materials in HathiTrust
Note you must be registered with the appropriate office listed above as a person with a print disability.
- Go to the Advanced Full-text Search in HathiTrust and Log in.
- Choose Yale University from the drop down list and log in using your Yale NetID and password.
- Be sure to check the box for Held by Yale University under Limit to.
- Run the search.
- If the book you want is listed, copy and paste two pieces of information into an email to email@example.com:
- URL. Example http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/002224166/Home
- Citation (use Cite this): Example Di Piero, W. S. (1990). The dog star. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press.
- The Yale University Library will then retrieve a PDF of the item from HathiTrust, post it on a secure site, and send an email notification that the item is available.