Hello from your Personal Librarian!
I'm Alison Clemens, and I'm here to help you discover all of the resources at your disposal at Yale University Library. We have extensive collections and services here at Yale, and I'd love to help you navigate them. I'm an archivist at Manuscripts and Archives in Sterling Memorial Library, where I work with primary source materials ranging many subject areas. Part of what I love about my job is the constant sense of discovery, and I'm excited to share this with you!
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)