Welcome to the Yale Libraries
Along with being your Personal Librarian, I'm the Assistant Head of Access Services at the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Yale's primary repository of rare books and literary manuscripts. I'm here to help you find and use all of the amazing resources available at the Yale Libraries, from electronic resources to our special collections, and everything in between. My academic background is in Medieval Studies and I enjoy all things historical. Since I'm also a librarian, I likewise enjoy connecting people to the information they need, so whatever library or research-related question you have, feel free to ask away!
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)
- Tell you how much your grandmother's old Bible is worth