Hello from your Personal Librarian!
My name is Christine Pesch Richardson and I am the Serials and Preservation Librarian at the Yale Divinity Library. As your Personal Librarian, I am available to meet with you to help you navigate the Yale University Library system and the Divinity Library. We can meet one on one for a consultation of correspond via email or phone. The quickest way to get in contact with me is through email. I’m happy to help you get started with research, show you how to use databases, and answer any other library-related questions you may have. Feel free to email me with questions or to set up a time to meet.
My academic background is in art history and non-Western religions, with an emphasis on religions in Asia and South East Asia.
I look forward to working with you.
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research questions, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
Things I won’t do (but help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you