Welcome to the Library!
I am the Hebraica catalog librarian, which means that I create records in our catalog for books and other resources that are written in Hebrew or other related languages, such as Yiddish. My educational background is mainly in Hebrew Bible and Hebrew language, but I have studied in other areas as well. I’m happy to answer any questions about using the Yale library. I am available for meetings Monday-Friday at any place that is convenient for you. Please feel free to call or email me with questions or to set up an appointment. I look forward to meeting you!
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
Things I don’t do (but I’ll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, I won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but I can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)”