Welcome to the Library!
Hi! I'm Kraig and I'm your Personal Librarian. I love being a Personal Librarian because it's really gratifying to help students become great researchers and discover the amazing resources the Yale libraries and special collections have to offer (everything from online versions of fifteenth-century books to JSTOR to DVDs to the artist buried in a crypt under the Yale Art Gallery). I am the Chief Librarian at the Reference Library and Archives of the Yale Center for British Art (most people call it the British Art Center, which rolls off the tongue much more easily), but I am happy to answer your questions about any aspect of your research or the Yale Library. I don't have set office hours but you can contact me at any time with a question or to set up an appointment if you would like to talk about a project. I look forward to working with each of you during your studies here at Yale.
Here's what I can do for you
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Assist you in any research involving the art or rare book collections of the YCBA, or of British art in general
- Put you in contact with a subject specialist librarian who can help you when I can't
Here's what I won't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, I won't find someone to write your paper for you - that part's up to you -- but I can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing Tutor)