Hello! I am Associate Director for Collections, Research and Access, Interim Director of the Divinity Library, and Lecturer in Theological Bibliography in the Divinity School. I assist faculty and students with Classesv2 and co-ordinate the teaching program at the library.
I have a B.A. in Hebrew and Ancient Near Eastern studies and an M.A. in Library Science, both from the University of Minnesota, as well as an M. Phil. in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations from Yale University. Prior to coming to the Divinity Library I taught Hebrew and Biblical Studies at the University of Minnesota, Yale University and Wellesley College.
I travel frequently to Israel and the West Bank, where I visit friends and practice my Hebrew and Arabic. I enjoy foreign movies, Oriental music and all things exotic! I also love walking and other types of exercise where I can compete against myself. No team sports, please!
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research questions, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
Things I won’t do (but help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you