Hello! My name is Yukari Sugiyama and I'm the Japanese Technical Services Librarian. In other words, I am responsible for creating and maintaining metadata about Japanese language materials in Yale's collections, optimizing access to those collections. But as your personal librarian, I am here to help you find information you need, whatever language it is in! Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or to meet me in person. I look forward to working with you!
How can I help you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questionsd about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you're not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don't know where to start, or you can't think of what to do next
Things I don't do (but I'll help you find out who can)
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, we won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but we can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)