Medical Library, Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney
- Provide instruction on PubMed and EndNote
- Personal Librarian for YSM students
- Provide answers to your clinical questions
- Laboratory Medicine
- Therapeutic Radiology
I am a Clinical Librarian dedicated to providing quality services. I teach classes to clinicians, researchers, students and faculty as well as provide reference services both in-person and online.
- MLS, Library Science, Southern Connecticut State Univ., 2009
- MS, Horticulture, West Virginia University, 2004
- BS, Agriculture, University of Delaware, 2000
- Medical Library Association, 2014-Present
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries, 2014-Present
- Connecticut Library Association, 2011-Present
- Connecticut Association of Health Sciences Librarians, 2014-Present
Publications and Presentations:
- Funaro, M.C., Nardini, H.G, Garcia-Milian, R., Hersey, D., Gentry, M., Nyhan, K. (2016). Animal Research at Yale: How Librarians are Improving IACUC Literature Searches. Poster Presentation at North Atlantic Health Science Libraries Conference, New Haven, CT.
- Funaro, M.C., Norton, M. (2015). How a Medical Library is an Anchor for Stress Relief and Relaxation. Lighting Talk presented at North Atlantic Health Science Libraries Conference, Providence, RI.
- Funaro, M.C., Norton, M. (2015). Making space, building collaboration: serendipity in the stacks. Poster session presented at Medical Library Association Conference, Austin, TX
- Funaro, M.C., Norton, M (2014). Making space, building collaboration: serendipity in the stacks. Poster session presented at North Atlantic Health Science Libraries Conference, Rockport, ME
- Funaro, M.C., Norton, M. (2014). Making space, building collaboration: serendipity in the stacks. Lighting Talk presented at New England Technical Services Librarians Annual Spring Conference, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- VanTine, Melissa C. (2004). Effect of watering regime and media components on the production of organic tomato transplants. Unpublished master’s thesis, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV