Director of Research Support and Outreach Programs
Center for Science and Social Science Information
MLIS, University of Pittsburgh
BA (History), Swarthmore College
- Bohémier, Kayleigh, Melanie Maksin and Gwyneth Crowley. “Wayfinding the Web: Applying Critical Information Literacy to a Google Instruction Session.” Online Searcher 41(1), July/August 2017. 16-21.
- Maksin, Melanie. “Of the People, By the People, For the People: Critical Pedagogy and Government Information.” Critical Library Pedagogy Handbook, volume 1. Ed. Nicole Pagowsky and Kelly McElroy. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2016. Chapter 13.
- Bohémier, Kayleigh and Melanie Maksin. “Providing Google Scholar Workshops to Science and Social Science Students.” Information Outlook, September/October 2016. 12-14.
- Maksin, Melanie and Kayleigh Bohémier. “Better Images, Better Searchers: Google Images and Visual Literacy in the Sciences and Social Sciences.” The Complete Guide to Using Google in Libraries, Volume 2: Research, User Applications, and Networking. Ed. Carol Smallwood. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2015. 79-88
- Maksin, Melanie. “From Ready Reference to Research Conversations: The Role of Instruction in Academic Reference Service.” Rethinking Reference for Academic Libraries. Ed. Carrie Forbes and Jennifer Bowers. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2015. 169-84.
- Maksin, Melanie and Nina Clements. “Beyond the Physical Archive: Imagining Primary Source Literacies in the Digital Age.” Imagine, Innovate, Inspire: The Proceedings of the ACRL 2013 Conference. Ed. Dawn M. Mueller. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2013.