Through this opportunity two students are selected to curate two exhibit cases each, based on a completed paper or research project, using materials from the Yale Libraries. The selected students will learn how to transform their completed paper or research project into a physical exhibit utilizing production tools, templates, technical expertise, and guidance from Yale Library’s exhibit professionals.
The majority of the curatorial work occurs in the spring semester with an exhibition opening the following fall. Exhibit staff coordinate schedules, deadlines, and management of collections materials.
- Check back in October 2024 for link to proposal form.
- Yale College sophomores, juniors, graduate and professional students.
- Proposals due: November 2024
- Selected students notified December 2024
- Exhibition development and production: January – May 2025
- Opening reception and exhibit tour: October 2025
- Exhibition on view: October 2025 through April 2026
If you are considering this opportunity:
- Review the guide for submitting proposals for the Student Research at YUL exhibit and production deadlines.
- Select a librarian or faculty member who has reviewed the Exhibit Advisor responsibilities and has agreed to work with you to review your item selection and final exhibit text. If you don’t already have a faculty member or librarian you are currently working with, the exhibit committee can help you connect with one.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit the past exhibit Web page.
Listen to past Student Research at YUL curators: