Sterling Memorial Library (SML) Memorabilia Room
*Please note: The Memorabilia Room is closed until February 2018 due to adjacent construction projects in the Sterling Library. Watch for announcements on it's reopening.
The Memorabilia Room exhibit space provides an opportunity for library staff, Yale University faculty, students, and other campus affiliates to curate exhibitions in the Library. The annual cycle consists of four exhibitions, of which two are open for exhibition proposals. In addition to the two new exhibits per year, the annual Association of Yale Alumni 50th reunion authors’ exhibit and a repeating exhibit on Yale history will take place during the summer.
- Interested individuals will be required to submit a proposal for their exhibit to the SML Exhibits Committee.
- The library will provide funding for production costs associated with exhibits in the Memorabilia Room.
- The next available time slots are fall 2018 and winter/spring 2019.
Sterling Memorial Library (SML) Student Exhibit Corridor
The Student Exhibit Corridor exhibit program provides an opportunity for students to showcase their research projects that involve materials located in the Yale University Library. The fall Student Research at Yale University Library (YUL) exhibit provides four students a small space to share their ongoing research work while the spring Senior Exhibit Project provides one senior with all five exhibition cases to present their capstone project. Students must be nominated by a professor or library staff member for the Student Research at Yale University Library exhibit and submit an application to the SML Exhibits Committee for the Senior Exhibit Project.
- Interested seniors will be required to submit a proposal for their exhibit to the SML Exhibits Committee.
- Interested graduate and undergraduate students should seek a nomination for the Student Research at YUL exhibit.
- The library will provide funding for production costs associated with exhibits in both the Student Exhibits Corridor and the SML Memorabilia Room.