ATLASES & MAPS. Current assignments:original & copy cataloging to: Tony Oddo (Original Team). Exceptions: all Geology to Tachtorn Meier (Copy Cataloging Team); all Slavic, Hebrew, & Arabic to Specialty Team; all CJK to EAC.
VERNACULARS. Books in "vernaculars" (usually but not always non-Roman scripts) are to be re-routed to the following cataloging units:
- Original Cataloging Team:
- Tony Oddo: Greek, Turkish in roman alphabet (copy & original)
- Ellen Jaramillo. Iberian languages and dialects (e.g. Basque, Gallegan)
- Chuck Riley. Sub-Saharan African languages, including Afrikaans (copy & original)
- East Asia Cataloging: Chinese, Japanese, Korean
- Specialty Cataloging/Hebraica:
- Hebrew, Aramaic, Yiddish (Jerry Ann Dickel)
- Arabic, Persian, Turkish (prior to use of roman alphabet) (Abdelahad Hannawi)
- [Patricia Thurston]: all publications and languages used in these countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, former U.S.S.R. and its Republics (incl. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan), and the former Yugoslavia (Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Slovenia, Yugoslavia)
- South Asia and Southeast Asia publications: all books published in the vernacular languages used in these countries: Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, New Guinea, Pakistan, Philippines, Sarawak, Singapore, Thailand, North and South Vietnam. Vernacular: Copy cataloging done as fastcat by SEA acquisitions; no copy items sent to the SEAUNCAT backlog. Original cataloging tbd; backlog is currently static & managed by the SEA collection. Western European languages: copy cataloging to Catalog Management; otherwise to Original Cataloging Team. Slavic languages, etc. [see list above] to Specialty Cataloging (both copy cataloging & original).