Pamphlets and papers
Certain pamphlets, reports, and unpublished materials are treated in an archival manner by the Divinity Library. YDSL has created several so-called "record groups" for these materials, each of which differs in its structure or level of detail. Record groups have been established to organize pamphlets related to various subject areas: e.g. , New England church records, Congregational church records, non-mission religious and benevolent societies, war and peace, social ethics.
When an online finding aid for a collection is available, the record group number is linked to it. Hardcopy finding aids are available for all record groups in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- Yale Faculty Publications and Writings (RG 27): This record group primarily consists of offprints and copies of periodical articles and chapters from multi-author books. It is a mechanism for keeping a consolidated file of YDS faculty writings.
- Religious Educational Institutions (RG 33): This record group documents theological seminaries and religious schools.
- Religious and Benevolent Societies and Organizations (RG34):This record group contains non-monographic pamphlets documenting a variety of non-foreign mission organizations.
- Yale Divinity School Theses and STM Research Papers (RG 41): This record group contains STM and other YDS theses dating from 1939 to 1995.
- New England Church Records (RG 48): This record group contains non-monographic pamphlets documenting individual churches in the New England states.
- Papers of the Catholic Apostolic Church (RG 55): This grouping of monographic and non-monographic material has been treated archivally for reasons of convenience. ORBIS records will be created for the material as time allows.
- Congregational Church Records (RG 56): This record group of pamphlets and printed material relates to the Congregational denomination and churches of Congregational polity (excluding individual churches in the New England states).
- Issues of Peace and War Pamphlet Collection (RG 61): This record group contains pamphlet material documenting organizations involved in issues of peace and war as well as topically arranged printed material.
- Social Ethics Pamphlet Collection (RG 73): This record group contains primarily non-monographic pamphlets related to various organizations and topics that were collected by Liston Pope, former Professor of Social Ethics, and Dean of the Divinity School.
- Reference Collection of Unpublished Papers (RG 95): This is an informal collection of papers on a variety of subjects that have been donated to the Yale Divinity Library. They include Yale College essays based on archival collections at the Yale Divinity Library, as well as various other unpublished papers.
- Alexander Duff Collection of Missionary Pamphlets (Film Ms576): This collection, filmed from originals held at the University of Edinburgh, includes strong coverage of the role of education in missionary work, the development of education in India, women and mission work, the spread of English literature and the teaching of practical and agricultural science in India, and, Indian mission history.