This document sets forth Yale University Library policies for creating, updating, and importing NACO series authority records (SARs) associated with monographic series and multipart monographs (MPMs). It is intended to supplement, not replace, standard documentation issued by the Library of Congress (LC) and the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC).
Throughout these instructions, replace ‡5 CtY with your unit's specific code whenever applicable.
- Yale Policies for NACO Name Authority records
- Preliminary Bib. Records: Monographic Series & Multipart Monographs on Standing Order (Acquisitions)
- Bibliographic Records for Monographic Series and MPMs on Standing Order (Cataloging)
- Minimal-Level Blbliographic Records: Serial Analytics, Pamphlets, & Projects (Acquisitions [Serial Analytics] and Cataloging [Pamphlets, etc.])
- Multipart Policies and Procedures (Cataloging)