Changes That Do Not Involve Title Proper (RDA 1.6.2)
Major Changes That Do Not Involve the Title Proper
New record required!
- Main entry (110) changes (RDA 22.214.171.124. Change in responsibility for a serial. Formerly AACR2 21.3B1, i-ii)
- Translated serial undergoes a change in original title (LC-PCC PS 1.6.2; formerly: LCRI [Library of Congress Rule Interpretations to AACR2] 21.3B)
- Change in the corporate body used as a uniform title qualifier (RDA 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52.1 c)); formerly AACR2R 21.3B1, iii)
- Change in media type (paper to microfiche; paper to online) (RDA 184.108.40.206; formerly LCRI 21.3B) [NEW]
- LC-PCC PS 220.127.116.11. If the media type varies within the serial, do not create a new record; just make a note
- RDA 18.104.22.168 exception for certain changes in carrier: if a direct access computer carrier changes to online, or (rarely) vice versa, create a new description <note that other changes in carrier do not warrant a new description>
- Change in edition statement where the change indicates a change in subject matter or a change in physical medium (RDA 22.214.171.124; formerly LCRI 21.3B)
Minor Changes That Do Not Involve the Title Proper
No new record required!
Change in numbering (e.g., 1-3, then re-starts again at 1)