Group Study Rooms
The Haas Family Arts Library provides three group study rooms.
- All study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Graduate students have priority access to Study Room 108. Undergraduates may be asked to forgo use of this room during times of high demand.
- Walk-in use for a two-hour period is available to any Yale affiliate. Please ask about availability and check out keys at the Library Service Desk.
- All three Group Study Rooms (108, B35, B36) seat six to eight people.
- Each room contains a wall-mounted flat screen monitor and dry erase board. Personal laptops can connect to the flat screens. Remote controls are available for checkout at the Library Service Desk. If you want to connect a Mac laptop to the flat screens, you will need to bring a Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter with you.
- Group Study Rooms may be reserved by faculty or staff for department-related functions such as consultations, tutoring, practice sessions for presentations, or other group meetings; they are not intended to be used for social functions or regularly scheduled classes or seminars. Reservations are made at the discretion of library management.
- For more information on reserving group study spaces, classroom spaces and related services on Yale’s campus, please see the following:
- Food is NOT permitted in the Group Study Rooms or anywhere in Haas Arts Library. Non-alcoholic beverages may be taken into the Group Study Rooms in approved spill-proof containers. (See Policy)
- Entry to each room requires checking in at the Library Services Desk.
- Doors to the Group Study Rooms should not be propped open.
- Each room has been furnished for safe egress of its designated maximum capacity. Please do not bring additional chairs or other furniture into a room. Return rooms to their original configuration before leaving.
- Colored chalk and wet markers may not be used on writing surfaces. Please use only the chalk, dry-eraser markers, erasers, and cleaning fluid that are appropriate for the surface provided.
- The person who accesses or reserves a Group Study Room is responsible for its use and care. Rooms should be left in the same condition as found.
- Any charges that are assessed for damages or excessive cleaning may be passed on to the individual who has reserved the room.
- Study rooms are not soundproof; please be aware that loud sounds will carry outside the space.
For Your Security
- University or Library-issued identification is necessary to enter the Haas Family Arts Library after 5 p.m.
- Whenever you are concerned about your safety when leaving the building, escorts to vehicles or other buildings may be requested through 432-9255.
- PLEASE WATCH YOUR PERSONAL POSSESSIONS. The library is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items.
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 - 5:04pm