The Haas Family Arts Library provides three group study rooms.
- These rooms are for the use of patrons affiliated with Yale University.
- Group Study Rooms may be reserved for such activities as consultations, tutoring, practice sessions for presentations, or other group meetings.
- They are not intended to be used for social functions or regularly scheduled classes or seminars.
- All three Group Study Rooms (108, B35, B36) seat six to eight people.
- Each room contains a wall-mounted flat screen monitor and dry erase board.
- Personal laptops can connect to the flat screens. Remote controls are available for checkout at the Library Service Desk. If you want to connect a Mac laptop to the flat screens, you will need to bring a Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter with you.
- All study rooms are first come, first served. For rules regarding reservations see below.
Reserving Study Rooms
- Walk-in use is available by inquiring at the Library Service Desk. If a room is not in use, a library staff member will grant access to the space and inform the patron of any upcoming reservations.
- Our Group Study Rooms are in high demand and reservations are made at the discretion of Library Management. Faculty, staff, and HSAR and ARCH PhD students who request reservations for department-related functions will receive priority. To reserve any of the Group Study Rooms please contact Haas Family Arts Library Access Services.
- For more information on reserving group study spaces, classroom spaces and related services on Yale’s campus see the following:
- Food is NOT permitted in the Group Study Rooms or anywhere in Haas Arts Libary. Non-alcoholic beverages may be taken into the Group Study Rooms in approved spill-proof containers. (See Policy)
- If a study room is unoccupied, students are welcome to use the space. Please ask at the Library Services Desk if a Group Study Room is available for use.
- Entry to each room requires checking in at the Library Services Desk.
- Doors to the Group Study Rooms should not be propped open.
- Each room has been furnished for safe egress of its designated maximum capacity. Please do not bring additional chairs or other furniture into a room. Return rooms to their original configuration before leaving.
- Colored chalk and wet markers may not be used on writing surfaces. Please use only the chalk, dry-eraser markers, erasers, and cleaning fluid that are appropriate for the surface provided.
- The person who accesses or reserves a Group Study Room is responsible for its use and care. Rooms should be left in the same condition as found and cleared of any debris.
- Any charges that are assessed for damages or excessive cleaning may be passed on to the individual who has reserved the room.
For Your Security
- University or Library-issued identification is necessary to enter the Haas Family Arts Library after 5 p.m.
- Whenever you are concerned about your safety when leaving the building, escorts to vehicles or other buildings may be requested through 432-9255.
- PLEASE WATCH YOUR PERSONAL POSSESSIONS. The library is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items.