Haas Arts Library Student Shelves
- Only materials from the Haas Family Arts Library are permitted on student shelves.
- Please do not place materials on course reserve, Art & Architecture collection periodicals, or reference books on student shelves.
- Personal materials or materials from other Yale Libraries may not be placed on shelves, as they are not secured and could easily be removed by other patrons.
- Patrons may remove materials from their own or other student shelves for regular checkout. Shelf holders will not be notified when materials are removed; however, materials will be charged back to the assigned shelf when returned.
- Patrons are asked to keep shelves neat and place books upright to prevent damage to materials. Bookends are provided.
- For collection preservation, students are prohibited from using post-it notes in library materials. Any post-it notes left in books will be removed.
- Shelves are assigned to graduate students and to seniors who are writing senior essays.
- Shelves are available for use by semester or academic year. All items are removed from shelves at the end of spring semester.
- For use during summer term, shelves must be renewed before the end of spring semester.
- Students wishing to continue using their shelves for fall semester must renew at the end of the summer. All unrenewed shelves will be cleared at the end of the summer term.
- Short-Term shelves are assigned to undergraduate students or any patron needing only a short-term shelf.
- Unless a shelf is renewed, all items are removed from an assigned shelf 3 weeks after expiration date.
Reserving and Using Shelves
- Patrons must visit the Haas Arts Library service desk to and provide a Yale ID.
- After a shelf is assigned, students are responsible for taking materials to the Service Desk and filling out a Yellow Shelf Card for each item.
- The Yellow Shelf Card must remain in the book when any patron checks the item out of the library. If a patron wishes to take an item from their (or another patron’s) assigned shelf out of the library, the item must be taken to the library service desk and checked out to their personal account. Provided the Yellow Shelf Card is present when the book is returned, it will then be re-charged back to the original shelf.
- For more information regarding student shelves, please contact the Haas Arts Library Service Desk at 203-432-2645, or stop by in person, during open hours.
The Haas Family Arts Library offers 8 study carrels located on the balcony level of the reading room.
- Carrels are reserved for Architecture and History of Art Ph.D. candidates, and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Access to the balcony is restricted to carrel holders.
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 - 4:52pm