Preservation Services in the Preservation Department at Yale University Library provides consulting services for all Yale libraries including basic preservation training, arrangements for work from other preservation units, and addressing preservation inquiries from Yale libraries, other institutions and the general public. There are several areas that are the responsibilities of this unit:
- General overview of preservation concern
- Environmental Control and Monitoring
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Preservation Surveys
- HVAC and Construction/ Renovation Consulting
If you have a specific question about the preservation or conservation of library and archival materials, please feel free to contact the Preservation Services Librarian, Tara Kennedy.