The Film Study Center (FSC), Classroom Technology & Event Services (CT&ES), and academic departments work together to facilitate course screenings. The following procedures apply to course screenings that use FSC media, and to those that require CT&ES technical support.
For Film & Media Studies Program courses, submit all screening requests to Katherine Germano. Do not send F&MSP course lists to individual staff members in CT&ES or the FSC.
For non-Film & Media Studies Program courses, please visit our Arranging Screenings page for contact information specific to your screening needs.
Please observe the submission deadlines. Changes and late submissions will be processed as time permits, but cannot be guaranteed.
Deadlines for submitting course screening lists:
- August 1 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
- May 1 for the summer session
Advance notice required for subsequent changes & additions:
- 3 weeks for screenings involving 35mm, 16mm, or DCP
- 1 week for screenings using DVD, Blu-ray, or VHS
Note that it could take much longer to make the arrangements depending on the availability of the media and other factors, so please submit all requests and changes as early as possible.
Screening Lists should include the following:
- SCREENING DATE & DAY OF THE WEEK
- SCREENING START TIME
- SCREENING LOCATION, if known
- FILM TITLE
- VERSION, if applicable (e.g., 1954 version, pre-release version, UCLA restoration)
- COMPILATION NAME, if applicable
- FORMAT (e.g., DVD, 16mm)
- SOURCE (e.g., Film Study Center, your personal copy, departmental rental from MoMA)
- TECHNICIAN/PROJECTIONIST REQUIRED?
- ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFO to assist the technician (e.g., play without subtitles)