Head Public Services
Manuscripts & Archives
Education: B.A. in History, University of California, Santa Cruz; M.I.L.S., University of Michigan.
- "Thirty Years On: SAA and Descriptive Standards." (with Steven L. Hensen, Kathleen D. Roe, Michael Rush, William Stockting, and Victoria Irons Walch) American Archivist 74:Supplement 1 (2012): 706:1-706:36.
- "Celebrating, Commemorating, and Experimenting: SAA@75." (guest editor) American Archivist Online Supplement: (2011): v-viii.
- "Open-Access Publishing and the Transformation of the American Archivist Online." (with Paul Conway) American Archivist 74:2 (2011): 483-506.
- "Promoting Shareability: Metadata Activities of the DLF Aquifer Initiative." (with Jenn Riley, John Chapman, Sarah L. Shreeves, and Laura Akerman) Journal of Library Metadata 8:3 (2008): 221-247.
- "Plays Well With Others: DACS and CCO as Interoperable Metadata Content Standards." Visual Resources Association Bulletin 34:1 (2007): 97-103.
- Archives and the Digital Library. (edited with Robin L. Chandler) Binghamton, NY: Haworth Information Press, 2006.
- "Personas and Archetypes: Envisioning the 21st-Century Special Collections Professional." RBM 7:1 (2006): 40-48.
- "Nuts and Bolts: Implementing Descriptive Standards to Enable Virtual Collections." Journal of Archival Organization 1:1 (2002): 81-92.
- "Application of Dublin Core Metadata in the Description of Digital Primary Sources in Elementary School Classrooms." (with Anne J. Gilliland-Swetland and Yasmin B. Kafai) Journal of the American Society for Information Science (JASIS) 51: (2000): 193-201.
- "Integrating Primary Sources into the Elementary School Classroom: A Case Study of Teachers’ Perspectives." (with Anne J. Gilliland-Swetland and Yasmin B. Kafai) Archivaria 48: (1999): 89-116.
- "Redefining Access to Scholarly Journals: A Progress Report on JSTOR." (with Kristen L. Garlock and Sherry Piontek) Serials Review 23:1 (1997): 1-8.
- "Archival Outreach on the World Wide Web." Archival Issues 20:2 (1995): 129-147.
- "Recommendations for an Electronic Records Management System: A Case Study of a Small Business." (with Robert Royce) Archival Issues 20:1 (1995): 7-21.