The Reichelt Collection consists of 101 monographs, 31 manuscripts and 7 serial titles held at the Institute of Sino-Christian Studies (ISCS) in Hong Kong. Formally established in 1995, the Institute builds on the foundations of Tao Fong Shan, the religious centre established in 1930 by the Norwegian Sinologist and missionary Karl Ludvig Reichelt (1877-1952). The collection consists of books on Buddhism, Christianity and ancient Chinese and Indian philosophy in Chinese, Danish, English, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish or a combination of two or three of these languages. It also includes a number of Reichelt’s own manuscripts and archival material. The collection was digitized in 2013-14 and will be added to the Yale University Library's Digital Collections.
For a list of the book titles in the Reichelt Collection, click here.
Serials titles and issues are listed below:
- Buddhist Missionen (No. 1, May 1926 – No. 2, February 1932)
- Den Kristne Buddhistmission (No. 3, March 1932 – No. 12, December 1948)
- Den Nordiske Kristne Buddhistmisjon (No. 1, January 1949 – No. 12, December 1963)
- Ching Feng: Quarterly Notes on Christianity and Chinese Religion (No. 1, March 1957 – Vol. 29, Nos. 2-3, September 1986)
- Ching Feng (Chinese edition): No. 1 (April 1958) – No. 89 (March 1987)
- Meddelanden Från den Nordiska Kristna Buddhistmissionen (1943 – 1958)
- Østen og vi (January 1964 – 1998)
- Tanker og Toner (1928 – 1939)
To request digital copies of books or serial issues, please contact the Divinity Library Special Collections.