The first phase of the Gilmore Music Library's renovation project is now complete! The result of this phase is a beautifully designed new space on the first floor of the music library that contains:
- A new circulation desk
- Shelving for current editions of the print periodicals we subscribe too
- A new office for Suzanne Lovejoy (Music Librarian for Reference and Instruction), located to the left of the circulation desk
- New areas for our self-service scanners, printer/copier, and public computer workstations
- Comfortable reading areas
- A new space behind the circulation desk to house the Music Library's Recordings Collection as well as new offices for Kathy Mansi (Circulation Supervisor) and Karl Schrom (Recordings Collection Cataloger).
Images of our new space can be found on our Twitter feed. Better yet, stop by the Music Library and one of the staff will be happy to show you around!
Phase II of the renovation project is already underway, and will run through December 21st. The most important thing to note about this phase is that the regular entrance to the Music Library is now closed. Between now and December, when the renovation is complete and a new entrance to the Music Library is created off of a new corridor that will lead from the York Street side of Sterling Memorial Library through to the Nave; a temporary entrance will be available via the corridor behind the Wall Street entrance/exit to Sterling Memorial Library (behind the security guard's station). If you have any problems accessing the library, please contact Jonathan Manton (Music Librarian for Access Services).
More detail about our renovation project can be found on our renovation guide.