We invite everyone to donate non-perishable food items and personal care items to benefit IRIS (Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services), a New Haven-based agency that helps resettle refugees to CT and provide lifesaving support to assist in their transition to life in the United States. Your donations will go toward stocking both the apartments of resettled refugees and the IRIS food pantry.
Donation boxes will be located throughout the following workplaces on campus:
- 344 Winchester Ave (YUL Tech Services and BRBL Tech Services/Preservation)
Items that IRIS is always looking for:
- Chickpeas and cannellini beans (canned/dry)
- Canned tomatoes & vegetables
- White and brown rice (bagged/boxed) Canned fruit in 100% fruit juice
- Boxed milk Canned tuna & salmon
- PastaCooking oil Flour & Sugar
- Coffee & Tea
- Coffee filters Salt & Pepper
- Personal Care Products
- Sanitary Pads
- Diapers Toilet paper Facial tissues
- Cleaning Products (dish soap, sponges, Lysol)
- Boxes of garbage bags
- $10 gift cards to Stop & Shop and Price Rite
We CANNOT accept any food products containing meat or pork.
We will also be hosting a Virtual Drive to benefit the Connecticut Food Bank! Access online giving here. A few clicks will let you quickly and easily donate “food” and funds.
Please give during this festive time of year!
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.