The Yale University Library provides support for developing research guides though the use of a research guide content management system. The content management system allows YUL staff to quickly and collaboratively develop and publish library research guides. The research guide services provided by YUL include
- Adding, removing, or altering the privileges of research guide authors;
- Designing the look-and-feel of research guides;
- Configuring the research guide content management system display;
- Creating and maintaining standard boxes and widgets that authors can use in their guides;
- Training; and
- Integrating research guides with other parts of the YUL web ecosystem.
To request access to the research guide content management system, please contact the Library Research Guides Advisory Group email list at
At the bottom of the screen, click the link labeled Login to LibApps.
The research guide content management system is entirely web-based. A computer with a modern web browser is required to use it.
The Research Guides Advisory Group has developed a support page at
Documentation for the research guides content management system is available at
The documentation includes step-by-step instructions on using the most common features of the content management system, a styleguide for authoring guides, and a list of best practices to assist you in creating accessible and usable guides. The page includes link to standard content, boxes, and widgets to help you get started.
A styleguide and a set of best practices are available at
You can contact the Research Guide Advisory Group with any additional policy questions at