YUL staff who have digital material may not have the resources to add those materials to the YUL Digital Collections Systems themselves. This service provides ingest assistance to those staff. The service includes
- Metadata remediation;
- Digital image reformatting; and
- Publishing to FindIt
Interested staff must use the Library IT Service Request Form and provide the following information:
- Whether the target collection exists or needs to be created;
- The target collection name, if it already exists;
- Approximate number of objects;
- Access restrictions (if any); and
- Deadline (due to, e.g., grant fulfillment, course work, etc.)
Once objects are published, they will be accessible in the Library Digital Collection System (FindIt).
Requesting this service is entirely web-based. As such, only a modern web browser is required to access this service. Accessing the digital objects once they have been ingested is also entirely web-based.
- Any request for a new collection will require approval and prioritization by the Special Collections Steering Committee.
- Any request to add more than 1,500 objects to any existing collections will require approval and prioritization by the Special Collections Steering Committee.
- Any request to add less than 1,500 objects to an existing collection will be prioritized in the order in which they are received.