Haas Arts Library Patron Shelves
- Only materials from the Haas Family Arts Library are permitted on shelves.
- Please do not place materials on course reserve, Art & Architecture collection periodicals, or reference books on shelves.
- Personal materials or materials from other Yale Libraries may not be placed on shelves, as they are not secured and could easily be removed by other patrons.
- Patrons may remove materials from their own or other shelves for regular checkout. Shelf holders will not be notified when materials are removed; materials may be recalled by other patrons.
- Shelves are available for use by semester or academic year.
- For use during summer term, shelves must be renewed before the end of spring semester.
- Unless a shelf is renewed, all items are removed from an assigned shelf 3 weeks after expiration date.
- Patrons wishing to continue using their shelves for fall semester must renew at the end of the summer. All unrenewed shelves will be cleared at the end of the summer term.
- Patrons are asked to keep shelves neat and place books upright to prevent damage to materials. Bookends are provided.
- For collection preservation, tape and post-it notes are prohibited in library materials. Any post-it notes left in books will be removed, and fees for damage may be charged.
Reserving and Using Shelves
- Click here to sign up for a patron shelf.
- Patrons must visit the Haas Arts Library service desk and provide a Yale ID to be assigned a shelf.
- After a shelf is assigned, patrons are responsible for taking materials to the Service Desk and filling out a yellow shelf card for each item.
- The yellow shelf card must remain in the book when any patron checks the item out of the library. If a patron wishes to take an item from their (or another patron’s) assigned shelf out of the library, the item must be taken to the library service desk and checked out to their personal account. Provided the yellow shelf card is present when the book is returned, it will then be re-charged to the original shelf.
- For more information regarding patron shelves, please call the Haas Arts Library service desk at 203-432-2645, or stop by in person, during open hours.
The Haas Family Arts Library offers 8 study carrels located on the balcony level of the reading room.
- Carrels are reserved for Architecture and History of Art Ph.D. candidates, and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Access to the balcony is restricted to carrel holders.
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 9:33am