Reports To: Library Executive Committee
- Oversee maintenance of current policies and documentation of lasting value, and create schedule for regular reviews and updates
- Provide strategic direction for metadata practices throughout the Yale Library.
- In support of wider Library objectives, solicit and receive proposals for service enhancements as well as new initiatives.
- Nominate members of metadata advisory groups
- Establish common templates and directory structures for metadata policy communication; establish norms on use of tools such as Zoom, Slack, O365
- Ensure that policies, project updates, new initiatives, etc. are provided to the Web Documentarian for public posting
- Distribute agendas and minutes
Chair: Daniel Lovins, as Director of Resource Discovery Services (RDS), ex officio
- Jennifer Bazeley, Co-chair of ILS Metadata Advisory Group, ex officio
- Éva Bolkovac, Manager, Metadata Services Unit, ex officio
- Ruth Carruth (Recording Secretary)
- Alison Clemens, current Chair, AMDECO, ex officio
- Ellen Cordes (Member at Large)
- Mark Custer, as Chair of Digital Object Metadata Advisory Group, ex officio
- Todd Fell (Member at Large)
- Danijela Matković, as Chair of Authorities & Identities Advisory Group, ex officio
- Jeanette Norris, Co-chair of ILS Metadata Advisory Group, ex officio
- Tim Thompson, as Chair of Metadata Standards Advisory Group, ex officio
Frequency of Meetings: Monthly or as needed.
Member Selection Method: Ex officio, as chairs of subsidiary working and advisory groups, with 2 rotating members.
Term of Service: 2 years, renewable