Instructions for the Siku Quanshu Electronic Version
To access the Siku Quanshu electronic version, you are required to install a client program:
- To start the installation, click on http://www.eastview.com/online/sikudownload [IE required] and download setup.exe;
- Double-click setup.exe and follow instructions to install the client program. A short-cut icon to the program will be created on the desktop;
- Finally, click on the desktop short-cut to open the client program**, and then click “IP Login” to start using the database.
- IE is required to install and run the program. The program is not compatible with Firefox.
- A pop-up window will ask you to check font display. If characters are not displayed correctly, please remove the client program first and then reinstall the program.
Mac Users: Currently the client program is not compatible with Mac system, but you can access the same contents of Siku Quanshu through another Yale subscribed electronic resources, Diao long (雕龍).
All the three workstations in the East Asia Reading Room have already installed the client program and are ready to use.
Please note that the access to Siku Quanshu (Wenyuange Edition) electronic version is only available from computers on the Yale campus or with off-campus access.