LibraryApps is a research computing environment for Yale faculty, students, and staff that provides up to 10 concurrent users with access to specialized software including ArcGIS, Mathematica, IBM SPSS, and Stata without the need to download or run the software on their local machines. This service provides users with
- More computing resources for processor, memory, and space intensive operations; and
- A dedicated space that can be accessed 24*7 for uninterrupted execution of applications and tasks. [Please note that the service is interrupted on the first Sunday of every month from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. for maintenance.]
It is ideal for long-running and memory-intensive processes and provides a familiar graphical desktop environment supporting:
- 224GB of RAM
- 24 virtual CPUs
- Tesla M60 GPU
Please use this form to request access.
To access LibraryApps:
- Request access to the service if you have not already done so.
- Follow the instructions outlined in Virtual Services: Desktop & Application: Getting started with MyApps at Yale. You can use the web interface or the Remote Desktop client.
- Select MyApps - Library from the list of choices:
The service is web-based. A modern web browser is required to use the service. The service can also be accessed using Microsoft Remote Desktop, which may provide a better user experience.
This service is governed by Yale ITS' Appropriate Use Policy.
You cannot store data on this environment. You can map to a Storage@Yale location, OneDrive, or other web based storage. Contact ITS for storage questions and solutions.
Number of Users:
YaleLibraryApps supports up to 10 concurrent users.
Scheduled maintenance occurs on the first Sunday of each month between 6-10 am ET. Hardware and software will be updated periodically. We will make every effort to inform connected users if the service needs to be restarted.