- Compliance with collection donor and other restrictions.
- Size and format of the original item.
- Condition of the original item.
- Staff resources to manage the reproduction request.
Services include supplying high-resolution files of collection materials that have already been digitized and are available in the Manuscripts and Archives Digital Image Database (MADID).
The following information will assist researchers, both on- and off-site, in making requests for reproductions:
- Formats and Prices provides information on reproduction formats available and corresponding fees. Please note that as of July 1, 2017, Manuscripts and Archives accepts only credit card payment or Yale PTAEOs for reproduction orders. We will no longer accept cash or checks.
- How to Order provides information about the process for requesting reproductions, including the form necessary for submitting a reproduction request.
- See Permission to Publish for information about our limited ability to supply copyright holder permission when needed.
Because of heavy researcher traffic in our reading room, our high-volume reference email service, and limited staffing, we do not offer a RUSH option for reproduction services, so please plan your requests accordingly and contact us well in advance of any deadlines if you have questions about a timeline for a reproduction request you are contemplating. Also, we supply reproductions only electronically, either by Electronic File Transfer (EFT), or by shipping you a CD or DVD, or USB drive (for an additional cost).
Requests enter our copy queue in the order that payment is received. The turnaround time for most requests is two to four weeks, though preservation concerns may extend this. Note that turnaround times may be doubled during academic recess periods.