Visit the Haas Arts Library
The Haas Family Arts Library is open to the public Monday through Thursday 8:30am – 7:00pm and Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, with the exception of scheduled holiday closings. Please see the library hours calendar to plan your visit. After 7:00pm on weekdays and all day on weekends, a Yale ID card is required to enter the building. To access the exhibits and collections after public hours, please contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
The general collection, reference collection, and current periodical collection is available to browse in open stacks. Back issue periodicals are available within the book stacks arranged by LC call number.
- There are two public computer terminals available for non-Yale scholars and visitors near the Service Desk at a standing counter. Guest Wi-Fi service is available for your laptop throughout the library space.
- More than 75% of materials owned by the Haas Arts Library are stored offsite or in other libraries on Yale's campus. Please search ORBIS, Yale's online catalog, before visiting to ensure that the item you need is in the Haas Arts Library stacks.
If an item is located offsite or at another library on campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days before your visit, and your item will be available by appointment.
- To make an appointment to view an offsite item or request reference help, contact a Reference Librarian. Arts Library Special Collections (ALSC) is also open to the public. Please contact Mar González Palacios, Associate Director of Arts Special Collections, at least two weeks in advance of your visit to discuss your needs. We will offer extended hours when staffing coverage permits. Visiting scholars must follow all ALSC policies and procedures.
For Your Security
- Yale or Library-issued identification is necessary to enter Rudolph Hall and the Haas Family Arts Library after public hours. Please email email@example.com or call the main desk at 203-432-2645 to make an appointment to visit outside of public hours.
- Whenever you are concerned about your safety when leaving the building, escorts to vehicles or other buildings may be requested through 432-9255.
PLEASE WATCH YOUR PERSONAL POSSESSIONS. The library is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items.