** Library site is on Acquia Cloud now, no more many of the following functions, see Starting with an Acquia Cloud site instead.
New Member First Time Connection
- Install Git for Window. Open Git Shell, Identify yourself to Git
- > git config --global user.name 'Your Name'
- > git config --global user.email email@example.com
- Log in to GitHub: Enterprise using Yale netID
- Give Admin your netid to add you into the desire repository (example: yul/dev.library.yale.edu)
- Log in to GitHub, Go to yul/dev.library.yale.edu > Click "Fork" to (@netid) to create your own repository
- Go to the new created repository, clone HTTPS URL (Click copy to clickboard icon)
- Open Git Shell on your desktop, do the following
- > git clone https://git.yale.edu/netid/dev.library.yale.edu.git c:\drupal\dev.library.yale.edu (create local copy at your local location)
- > cd /
- > cd drupal/dev.library.yale.edu
- > git remote -v (you should get:
- > git remote add upstream https://git.yale.edu/yul/dev.library.yale.edu.git
- > git remote -v should get "origin" and "upstream" information for "fetch" and "push"
- Start work on your local copy
- Syncing a fork
- > git fetch upstream (get update code from yul/dev.library.yale.edu)
- > git checkout master (you might already in master and don't need this step)
- > git merge upstream/master (merge the new update to your local copy)
- > git push origin master (sync the change in yul/dev.library.yale.edu from your local to netid\dev.library.yale.edu fork)
- Change in yul/dev.library.yale.edu will be able see in http://dev.library.yale.edu
- ** Current default is mteac/dev.library.yale.edu if yul/dev.library.yale.edu doesn't work
- Can make change directly on yul/dev.library.yale.edu
- To get the change to product site, do "Pull Requests" from yul/dev.library.yale.edu to drupal/d7, the change will be monitor by ITS, and deploy in Tuesday or Thursday night
- To get the product environment to dev, do refresh request from http://yalesites.yale.edu/refresh-my-site. (Notice other users about the refresh for them to save their works.)
One time Setup
- Fork from drupal/d7 to yul => yul/dev.library.yale.edu
- Add Jenkins
- To create yul/dev.testimonies.yale.edu following the instruction "Forking multiple times" in the following reference "YaleSites Using GitHub Enterprise"
- Create organization > "yul"
- Add Members (mteac, kb89)
- Create New Team > "testimonies" (Developers for Testimonies site) > Admin Access (The user must first log in with NetID to create account before add them to the team)
- Add member
- Add repository