Ways faculty can get involved with exhibits at Sterling Memorial Library (SML):
- Encourage highly motivated and committed students in their junior year to submit a proposal for the Yale Library Senior Exhibit Fellowship.
- Encourage a student to submit a proposal for the Student Research at Yale University Library Exhibit in the Student Exhibit Corridor.
- Be a faculty advisor for a Senior Exhibit Fellowship or a Student Research at Yale University Library exhibit. Review responsibilites for each project here: Senior Exhibit Fellowship Advisor, Student Research at YUL Exhibit Advisor
- Spread the word about new exhibit opportunities in SML to colleagues across campus.
- Attend an information session.
- Learn about online exhibits at Yale University Library
Ways students can benefit from curating exhibits in the library:
- Provides a cohesive picture for the student of their academic support network: academic advisor, library specialists, IT specialists
- Develops a familiarity with physical library collections and spaces
- Provides experience researching with primary source materials
- Facilitates interactions with Yale University Library (YUL) staff
- Supports use of online resources to enhance research skills
- Encourages cross-disciplinary and cross-collection research and investigation
- Supplements traditional research outputs such as papers, essays, blogs, or web sites
- Accountability and self confidence
- Project management and organizational skills
- Communication skills and experience