- Provide a contrast ratio for the color of text and its background color of 4.5:1 for font sizes below 18 points.
- If the font size is large (greater than 18 points) the contrast ratio should be 3:1 or more.
- Provide text that is still readable when zoomed in 200%. Zoom in to this level and then shrink the page to a very narrow width. The text should not break.
- When color is used to convey meaning, a second method must also be used. For example, use a shape and color.
- Color along should not be used to identify a link.
Test the color contrast using the Web AIM Color Contrast Checker or Check My Colours.